Saigon Port Company Ltd. has provided the bonded warehouse services in many years, focusing on the major cargoes such as fertilizer (bulk/bag), steel, polypropylene, cashew nuts, beer and liquor, electronic components, … including handling, storing cargoes from ship to warehouse, storing and then re-exporting to the foreign countries or selling for domestic owners; domestic cargoes import into warehouse/yard waiting for re-export or domestic selling; container cargoes from Saigon Port or neighbouring ports loading/unloading at Saigon Port, stuffing/unstuffing, (bulk/bulk cargo in bag), storing for export or domestic selling etc.
The bonded warehouse system has been regularly spread at 3 Saigon Port’s sub-ports: Nha Rong Khanh Hoi, Tan Thuan, Tan Thuan 2 with the total area up to 17,000 m2 warehouse and over 1,000 m2 open storage. Beside the space of boned warehouse can always be enlarged with quick procedures to meet customers’ demands.
With over 10 years experiences in bonded cargo business, Saigon port has handled, bagged, stored bonded cargoes with the annual volume over a hundred thousands tons, being the leading ports on bonded warehouse business both on volume and service quality in the region. The area of warehouse/yard always meets customer’s requirements with quick procedures. The skill staff and employees having many years of experiences, close relations with relevant sectors such as: customs, coast guard, and with the best service quality in the region, the port has created an absolute prestige with customers when they are storing their cargoes at Saigon port’s bonded warehouse.
- Decree No. 154/2005/ND-CP dated 15/122005 of Government stipulating in detail of some articles of Customs law on customs’ clearance, customs’ supervision and control.
- Circular No. 112/2005/TT-BTC dated 15/12/2005 of the Ministry of Finance directing the implement on customs’ clearance, customs’ supervision, control stipulated at Decree No. 154/2005/NĐ-CP.
- Circular No. 194, 195/2005/TT-BTC dated 06/12/2010 of the Ministry of Finance directing on customs’ clearance, customs’ supervision, control; import, export tax and tax management for import, export-cargoes and instructing the treatment of outstanding cargoes in bonded warehouse stipulated at Decree No. 154/2005/NĐ-CP.
PROCESS OF DIRECTING CUSTOMERS FOR SENDING
AND RECEIVING CARGOES AT BONDED WAREHOUSE IN SAIGON PORT
I. Information about bonded services
For customers who need to understand about bonded cargoes: procedures, decrees, circulars, directions, regulations of the customs on bonded warehouse; or would like to have the consultant of all benefits from choosing bonded warehouse form; or service prices or related issues, customers may contact with Saigon Port’s Business and Operation Department for support and construction in details before decision.
We hereinafter would like to introduce to our customers the sketchy directions about the process of sending and receiving cargoes at bonded warehouse in Saigon port, as follow:
II.The process of sending cargo at bonded warehouse:
A. In case of oversea imported cargo sending at bonded warehouse:
Customers who want to dispatch oversea imported cargo at bonded warehouse of Saigon port, the following steps must be implemented:
The subordinate ports are the ports having business of bonded cargoes under Saigon Port Co. Ltd., including: Nha Rong Khanh Hoi Port, address: 157 Nguyen Tat Thanh, ward 18, district 4, Ho Chi Minh City; Tan Thuan Port, address: 18B, Luu Trong Lu, Tan Thuan Dong ward, district 7, Ho Chi Minh City; Tan Thuan 2 Port, address: 242 Bui Van Ba, Tan Thuan Dong ward, district 7, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Customer will be consulted and introduced about the bonded warehouse type at Saigon Port by the Business and Operation Department’s staffs.
- If deciding to choose bonded warehouse service at Saigon Port, customers will provide the concerned information for Saigon Port such as: ship’s name, type of cargoes, volume, arrival day, agent and other relevant information etc.
- Base on cargoes’ information, the Business and Operation Dept. will offer the service price for customer.
- Next, the Business and Operation Dept. will negotiate and sign contract on providing bonded warehouse services for customer.
- At least 24 hours before the ship call or cargoes to be at the port, customer have to provide the original documents of cargoes to Saigon Port, including: bill of lading, manifest, commercial invoice, certificate of origin, letter of authority to receive cargoes (in case of having ever been authorized in the bonded warehouse lease contract), delivery order of the shipping lines etc. In cases of delivery order: consignee must bring the origin documents to the shipping lines and change the delivery order if this is a container cargo, other cases shall be changed at shipping agent.
- Base on the set of document (mentioned above) and combine with other documents such as: customs’ clearance of imported cargo, bonded warehouse lease contract, letter requesting for cargo handling overtime, bagging, transferring border gate (if any), letter of recommendation etc. The port will conduct custom clearance on behalf of consignee at the zone customs for importing cargoes into bonded warehouse (zone customs at place where cargoes to be stored).
- To coordinate in the process of handling cargo, customer shall assign the representative and hire the assessor to supervise the unloading of cargoes from ship to warehouse, then sign all reports of actual import with the port.
- . After completing the handling cargoes into the bonded warehouse, customs will confirm on the customs’ declaration about the cargoes’ volume and situation, sign the reports of actual import. Copies of these documents will be sent to the consignee by the port.
- All figures and concerned situation during the time cargoes being stored in the port’s warehouse will be reported to the customer periodically (monthly) or unexpectedly (if variable) by the port.
B. In case of domestic cargoes import into bonded warehouse:
The orders of importing domestic cargoes into the bonded warehouse are similar with the orders of sending cargoes from oversea into the bonded warehouse. Simultaneously the register of manifest and making document for importing cargoes into the bonded warehouse are similar with cargoes from oversea importing into the bonded warehouse.
The set of documents include: Declaration of cargoes imported in bonded warehouse, bonded warehouse lease contract, letter of authorization foe consignment (if having ever been authorized in the bonded warehouse lease contract), declaration of export cargoes (completed document), manifest (if any) …
III.The steps of taking cargoes out of the bonded warehouse:
A. In case of exporting cargoes from the bonded warehouse to oversea:
- Customers inform to the Business and Operation Department by written about the plan of exporting cargoes from the bonded warehouse such as: ship’s name, arrival day for handling, volume, type of cargoes, agent and other relevant information etc.
- Customer provide document to the Saigon port’s Business and Operation Department at least 24 hours before handling such as: delivery order (DO), commercial invoice (if any), manifest (if any), commercial contract (if any), letter of authority for exporting cargoes (if not mentioned in the bonded warehouse lease contract ), declaration of export cargoes (unless cargoes imported into bonded warehouse from oversea).
- Combining the set of document (mentioned above) with other documents such as: declaration of cargoes importing into bonded warehouse, warehouse export receipt according to the form of the Ministry of Finance, bonded warehouse lease contract, letter requesting for handling overtime, letter of recommendation etc. Port will conduct customs clearance on behalf of consignee at the zone customs to export cargoes to the oversea.
After completing the export of cargoes from bonded warehouse to the ship, customs will confirm on customs’ declaration about the volume and situation of cargoes have been exported.
B. In case of export cargoes from bonded warehouse and import to the domestic:
All related procedures for receiving cargoes must be implemented by consignee such as:
- Consignee (person who sign the contract and also being the seller) issue delivery order (DO) requesting Saigon port to deliver cargoes to the buyer. The delivery order must be signed and stamped and written the name by the person who signed the contract or person who is authorized by signed person (by written); the content needs to show the information of person who will pay all costs for storage/yard or costs of loading to the vehicle etc. (if having changes versus the contract).
- The consignee submit origin delivery order, the identity card and letter of recommendation to the Business and Operation Department in order to change the delivery order (D.O) issued by Saigon port.
- When making customs’ clearance to export cargoes, the consignee need to prepare whole set of documents including: delivery order (D.O issued by Saigon Port), bonded warehouse lease contract, invoices and manifest of each package of goods issued by the seller, declaration of imported goods, letter of recommendation, identity card, … for customs clearance, paying taxes (officially import cargoes in Vietnam)
- After completing customs clearance, consignee comes to the port (place where goods are stored) and contact with the Business and Operation Department for making some procedures such as: payment, registration the stevedore and other works for receiving goods.
- The consignee mobilizes vehicle to the bonded warehouse to receive cargo according to Saigon Port’s registered schedule.
IV. Some matters that need to be paid attention:
Term of bonded warehouse lease contract is maximum 01 year, after the termination of the contract, the consignee is only allowed to extend 01 times with the maximum of 06 months. Beyond this period, if cargoes can not take out from bonded warehouse, these cargoes shall be liquidated as stipulated by customs (Circular No. 195/2010/TT-BTC dated 06 Dec, 2010 of the Ministry of Finance)
Person who signs the contract must be the top manager of the company, in case of vice manager, he must be authorized by the top manager by written.
Person who signs the delivery order is also a person who signs the bonded warehouse lease contract or person who is authorized by person who signs the bonded warehouse lease contract by written.
V. Address and information:
1. Information, consultancy and bonded warehouse lease contract:
- Nguyen Thi Phuong Nga, Manager, Business and Operation Department
Tel: 08-3255595 – Cell phone: 0903729054
2. Customer care – Bonded service price:
- Nguyen Thanh Cao: 0918226045 – Business and Operation Department
Address: 03 Nguyen Tat Thanh, District 4, Ho Chi minh city
- Nguyen Thu Thuy: 0913123143 – Vice manager of Tan Thuan Business and Operation Division
Address: 18B Lưu Trong Lu, Tan Thuan Dong ward, District 7, Ho Chi minh city
- Le Thi Phi: 0908319915 – Manager of Nha Rong khanh Hoi Business and Operation Division
Address: 157 Nguyen Tat Thanh, Ward 18, District 4, Ho Chi minh city
- Hoanh Phuong Hien: 0903659686 – Vice manager of Tan Thuan 2 Business and Operation Division
Address: 242 Bui Van Ba, Tan Thuan Dong ward, District 7, Ho Chi minh city
3. Warehouse – customs clearance:
- Vu Quoc Hung: 0938832551 – Responsible for Tan Thuan bonded warehouse
- Nguyen Chi Hieu: 0989051791– Head of delivery and receive unit of Nha Rong Khanh Hoi warehouse
- Nguyen The Hung: 0989116979 – Responsible for Tan Thuan 2 bonded warehouse
4. Issue and change delivery order:
- Nguyen Thi Van Anh: 0908468846 – Executive of Business and Operation Department